Rowing Foundation Mission Statement
Build and operate a boathouse to
promote and develop the sport of rowing in the Salt Lake Valley with
a focus on youth rowing in particular and an emphasis on at risk
youth. Attract wide community involvement to promote the use and
enjoyment of the Jordan River while endeavoring to provide publicly
Rowing Foundation Objectives
Provide rowing shell storage for
local rowing organizations.
Encourage and conduct programs to
inform and instruct the community on rowing.
Provide fitness facilities to the
rowing organizations and local community.
Encourage and conduct local and
regional rowing events.
Encourage public participation in
community events along the Jordan River.
Offer the community a public
Encourage and ensure public access
to the river and docks.
Provide reduced fees or fee
waivers to at risk youth who need help.
- Set up the Wasatch Rowing Foundation as a 501(c)(3) Tax exempt organization. ✓
- Publicize the foundation and its purpose
- Start fund raising, whilst defining a location for the boathouse.
- Define functionality and space requirements of the boathouse
- Bring in an architect to design our ideas
- Obtain building quotes, define and obtain required permits
- Start the building process.
How will we know if we have Succeeded?
When the rowing organizations that use our facilities have to limit membership because there is not enough room on the river for all the crews and we have to start looking for somewhere to build another boathouse.